The Gass-Lachance family

Friday, January 04, 2013

Big questions Keira sat down at dinner the other night and said, "Okay I have question for you guys,why am I here?" We immediately assumed this to be an adoption related question and launched into our usual refrain about birth families and adotion counsellors and...but she stopped us and said "No, no, no...of all the lives there are in the world, why is this one mine? And I when I look at a picture of myself, is it me or someone else?" Neither Heather nor I are big philosophers...the only philosophy course I ever took was Philosophy of Feminism and while we both liked Sophie's World back in the day, the concepts of destiny and fate are slightly foggy for us (this could explain a lot). Anyway as we stumbled to try and answer, both of us wanting to do justice to her questions, encourage her exploration she said, "You just don't understand. I don't have enough words to tell you what I am thinking. You have more words than me!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home