The Gass-Lachance family

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hi all,

I am sorry I am so far behind in "blogging". Mostly, it has been because of my single minded obsession about painting the front deck and garage door before the end of the month when it will be too cold. I will post some proud pictures once the project is finished.

I am sure that I am missing some good Jason stories and sayings but here are a few...

- "Mama are you sometimes a woman when you are my Mama?"

- We went for a wonderful walk last Friday at Mud Lake. We saw a giant snapping turtle, other turtles, frogs, an owl, etc.. At the lookout, our friend Earl was pointing out ducks, herons and geese and apparently Jason was in the spirit of nature watching because he said"Yes, and over there are lions and tigers!"

- On Saturday we went to the Akwesasne pow wow near Cornwall which was great. We did get Jason to watch some dancing and he and I did one of the inter tribal dance. He was also impressed with the play structure at the arena that was completely over run with kids and fell quite in love with an 8 year old smoke dancer.

- Jason also had an industrious weekend and made muffins and pizza dough with Mom. He also helped tear off a couple of steps on the front porch project. Yesterday, while helping me plant bulbs, something reminded him of this project and he started going at the (newly painted) porch with his little red shovel saying, "I am going to wreck the deck!"

- We hvae somewhat of a routine back but the witching hour has moved to between 11 am and Noon. On Monday he missed lunch and stories and went straight to bed, yesterday he missed stories but today he made it through both despite the sobbing all the way home from the library.
Tomorrow is Jason's operation to have his ear tubes removed so we will all be hanging out and eating jello.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home