The Gass-Lachance family

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

September starts...

Hi all,

Checking in after a few days away. Last weekend we went to the Eastern Townships, near Magog, to visit my Aunt Raymonde and Uncle Romeo. It was a great chance to catch up with them, Melanie and little Xavier, Francois and his family. We had a long drive down in and through and then with Montreal Friday traffic on a long weekend. It us 5 hours to get there but only 3.5 on the way back, which helps explain why Heather thought it was an 8 hour drive and I thought it was 3. With Montreal traffic, it really could be either. Of course, many people got to and from Magog and Ottawa and points in between much faster than us. We actually got passed on the inside on an on ramp!

The cottage is on a lake that is very nice but that we couldn't swim in due to algae. As Heather nodded and smiled through this explanation I thought she understood. I watched her let Jason splash around off the dock and thought it uncharacteristically risk taking of her but it wa sonly on Day 2 that we clarified that the water issue was not just around certain times of the day but in fact all day. I also washed my hair in the algae and so far no one is worse for the experience. While we were there, we also went to the Broome fair. I am sure Jason thought it was a little too loud and full of cows until the tractor parade that really won him over.

We hurried back on Monday because Nana was here awaiting us. We said goodbye this morning but Jason really enjoyed their visit and they got lots of play time as I took off to run errands.

Today Jason and I survived 3 full on tantrums including a particularly "fun"one leaving the park. But despite some passionate responses to life today (e.g. when I turned off the tv) Jason had a great day helping me do errands, including opening his first bank account. He is very proud of his passbook with of course absolutely no comprehension of what it is, but he does look cute studying his bank balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home