The Gass-Lachance family

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

sunshine, memories

Keira asked today if we get to go back to other days, you know the ones that came before. Would she ever be 3 again? I explained that we get to remember special days and memories but we can’t do them again. She was quiet after this answer. We drove along the Annapolis Valley road in summer. How could I tell her that I would give anything to go back to being the 3 year old (and 4 year old for that matter) in the car with my Mom driving over country roads, with the windows rolled down in summer. I have felt sometimes that I push against the boundaries of time and space to try and hang onto the feeling, sight, smell of a time long ago. But since we can’t do that, we have the best days we can right now.

Keira and I headed to the Valley this morning, hoping to find strawberries to pick (“we need a basket mama”) but content just to find strawberries to eat. We visited all the animals we could find (miniature horses, budgies birds, goats, rabbits) and Keira named each one. After we left she said “I hope Patches is okay.” (spotted bunny) and repeated this for other animals. Lunch at Evageline Beach, back to back on a warm rock. Ice cream in front of the old Grand Pre store, cuddled up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home